[Qt-interest] need to test the attached code.

Stephen Jackson spjackson42 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 14:50:01 CET 2009

Hi Avishek,

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 4:08 AM, Avishek_Sharma  wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>   I need someone to exceute the code(attached) and see if it shows any output.It's supposed to connect to 'google translate' and show the translated text in the second text box,but it's not working on my system.I think there's some problem with my network connections or settings because of which it isn't working so,need someone to tell me if it's working or if it's showing any ouput(wrong or right whatever be the case).

I tried the new code you posted (modified.tar.bz2). This does not work
for me. Your done() slot reads a 2 character response consisting of 2
quotation marks. You also have a bug in your informational message:

    QMessageBox::information(NULL,"process no.",QString(id1));

I think you want:

    QMessageBox::information(NULL,"process no.",QString::number(id1));

However, that does not affect the functionality.

> I found the application in qt-apps.org but the original one isn't showing any result in my system as well.I modified the attached code a bit (as I couldn't understand some of the orignal code).
> So,I request you to test it out and let me know what sort of result it's showing(if any).
> Help and advice on how to make it work is welcome.

I also tried the code you posted last week (translate090301.zip). This
does work for me, so I think the problem you have with that is not the
code but rather is related to your internet connection, as has already
been suggested to you, and as you have indicated above.

In your shoes, I would revert to the original code (which works for
me) rather than trying use the new method that you posted yesterday.
You need to find out why the original code does not work with your
internet connection. Does wget give you expected output? e.g.

wget --post-data="text=shower" \
    "http://www.google.com/translate_a/t?client=t&sl=en&tl=fr" \
    --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0" \
    --header='Accept-Encoding: deflate' \