[Qt-interest] How to use a shared library with QMake/QtCreator under Linux?

Abdelrazak Younes younes.abdel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 14:59:54 CET 2009

Hello,

I created a shared library and an application with qtcreator. The
application correctly build and link with my library. So far so good.
Problem is that, unless I run ldconfig on the location of the library,
the application won't start.

Under Windows I simply have to copy the dll in the same directory as in
the executable, or just put it in the path.

Is there a way to put some post-compilation hook in the qmake project of
the library so that ldconfig is run automatically?

Or maybe I should just use a static library for development and then
switch to a shared one at delivery time?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Abdel.