[Qt-interest] How to install Qt Creator in Linux

John McClurkin jwm at nei.nih.gov
Wed Mar 11 15:24:46 CET 2009

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Yang, Guo Ying (Shanghai) wrote:
>> /qtcreator: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required
>> by /home/jjbao/qtsdk-2009.01/bin/../lib/libQtDBus.so.4)
>
> Your need to upgrade your system to glibc 2.4.
>
> Note that it's about glibc, not glib.
>
> Alternatively, you can compile Creator yourself, but then you must compile
> Qt first.
Hi Thiago,
I am also trying to build QT 4.5.0 on a linux box with Redhat EL 4,
glibc version 2.3.4 g++ version 3.4.6. I know glibc is old, but in
searching the web about issues surrounding upgrading to glibc 2.4, one
respondent said that it was an "apocalyptically bad idea", so I'll stick
to 2.3.4. I ran the configure script successfully, but when I tried to
build Qt, I got errors in compiling qfilesystemwatch_inotify.cpp that
had to do with a missing <sys/inotify.h> file. A check of the code
revealed that this file is included if the macro QT_NO_INOTIFY is not
defined. I tried various configure options but finally had to manually
	#define QT_NO_INOTIFY
What is the correct way to get that macro set in Qt-4.5.0? It seems to
get set properly in Qt-4.4.3.
Thanks