[Qt-interest] A WebKit question.

LIM Fung-Chai lim.fung.chai at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 04:04:11 CET 2009

Hi,

I plan to develop a Qt application that will use WebKit to render (x)html
documents.  I want to know how I can obtain an XPath expression of the
selection.

I don't know if I have expressed my question clearly.  I will use an example
to illustrate.  Suppose I have a standard (x)html document, possibly with
CSS and images, but the text nodes contain only the letter 'Q'.  These may
be in different fonts, sizes, some will in bold or italics, with different
foreground and background colours, etc, but they are all the letter 'Q'.
When the user selects a block of text, I am not interested in the selection
content since it will be a bunch of 'Q's.  What I want is the location in
the document that maps to the selection.  Is there an API to obtain this
information?

TIA.  Regards,
Fung Chai

--
FWIW: $\lnot \exists x \, {\rm Right} (x) \leftarrow \forall x \, {\rm
Wrong} (x)$ \hfill -- Stephen Stills

Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose -- Kris Kristofferson