[Qt-interest] contents of qtvars.bat

John McClurkin jwm at nei.nih.gov
Thu Mar 12 20:10:52 CET 2009

I just downloaded qt-sdk-win-opensource-2009.01.1.exe. After expanding
it, it created a distribution in c:\Qt\2009.01. When I tried to run
configure to build static libraries I got an error saying it couldn't
locate the mkspec for win32-g++ under
C:\qt-greenhouse\Trolltech\Code_less_create_more\Trolltech\Code_less_create_more\Troll\4.5.0\qt/mkspecs?!
After searching I found a file called qtvars.bat in C:\Qt\2009.01\qt\bin
that set this environment variable. I assume that configure must have
called this bat file. Why is this bat file setting these variables?