[Qt-interest] Ftp with QNetworkAccessManager: Aborting when SIZE fails

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at trolltech.com
Sun Mar 15 13:21:44 CET 2009

Karl Krach wrote:
>Question: How can I handle this with the QNetworkAccessManager? The
>easierst thing would be, to be able to use QFtp::passive and
>QFtp::Binary with the new framework too :-)

QNetworkAccessManager should always download in passive and binary mode.

Unfortunately, since it's using QFtp behind the scenes, it can't handle
the case where SIZE fails. It's a QFtp limitation. To solve it, we'll have
to rewrite the FTP backend for QNAM without QFtp.

--
Thiago Macieira - thiago.macieira (AT) nokia.com
  Senior Product Manager - Nokia, Qt Software