[Qt-interest] QTree* with custom widgets

Bernhard Friedreich friesoft at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 21:43:36 CET 2009

Hey!

I've been fighting with a problem for quite some time now and I've now
reached the point from which on I have now idea what is left, I could
try. I really hope you guys (and girls ^^) can help me.

I want to use a QTreeView or QTreeWidget (doesn't really matter) with
custom widgets.

I've got those requirements:

    * Custom widgets (different rows = different widgets, 0st column:
      normal description text, 1st column: the widget)
    * dynamic resizing (adding widgets at runtime to the custom widget)
    * the widgets must be shown all the time (NOT JUST FOR EDITING!)

I've tried setIndexWidget, setItemWidget, a QGraphicsView and
ItemDelegates with the paint method..

Already searched on many forums, google and mailings lists but nothing
useable turned up.

Here's the thread where I asked for help (provides some more
information):
http://www.qtforum.org/article/27021/qtree-with-custom-qwidgets.html

I'd REALLY appreciate if you could help me... I'm totally lost atm...

Thanks for your help :-)

Best regards,
Bernhard Friedreich, Qt fan and developer :-P