[Qt-interest] Active Window notification

Philippe Fremy phil at freehackers.org
Tue Mar 17 09:12:41 CET 2009

Hi,

Is there any way to be notified when a Qt window becomes active ? I am
trying to play with focus events, but it's not very satisfying so far.

Basically, I am displaying information in a QTextEdit widget and I want
to distinguish between "the window is the main window and the user has
seen the information" and "the window is not the main window, so I must
notify the user that new information is available, for example in the
systray".

If the window was minmised or hidden, I want a way to detect when it's
coming back to front.

cheers,

Philippe