[Qt-interest] How to make a QDialog that acts like a pop up

John Eke tonee47 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 17 14:44:55 CET 2009

Hi,

I am developing an application that lets a user change the brightness/contrast of an image. There is a button for this, but when that button is pushed, a "floating dialog" pops up with some sliders. I remove the border around the dialog so it doesn't appear to be a dialog. Problem is since its a dialog, and theres no close button, you cant do anything else till you hit escape. What I am trying to do is make it so that clicking anywhere else would make the dialog disappear. Similar to how a popup behaves. I tried using the Qt::Popup flag, but that didnt work. It styled it like a popup which was nice, but it wouldnt disappear when I clicked anywhere else.

Any ideas?

Thanks