[Qt-interest] text dimensions ?

Jesús Fernández jsfdez at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 16:19:11 CET 2009

So, you need to try diferent dimesions and stop at the maximum size:

*For example*
void GraphicsShapeItem::resized()
{
    QRectF r=boundingRect();
    QFont font;
    QFontMetrics fontMetrics;
    QString text=tr("Sample text");
    int height, width;

    do {
        font.setPointSize(font.pointSize()+1);
        fontMetrics=QFontMetrics(font);
        height=fontMetrics.height();
        width=fontMetrics.width(text);
    }while(r.width>width && r.height>height);
}