[Qt-interest] video streaming

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Tue Mar 17 16:30:38 CET 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Stefanos Antaris <santaris at csd.auth.gr> wrote:
> Hello.I want to make a GUI application in which i am going to have video
> streaming between 2 computers.The base computer runs windows OS and the
> other one on which the video camera is,is running Mac OS.Can anyone help
> me what do i have to do?Do you have any link?Thanks in advance.

You have several open source cross-platform solutions to choose from:

* Verona

What QuteCom (formerly known as WengoPhone) uses. Good integration
with Qt. SIP. Commercial support.
http://www.mbdsys.com/opensource/verona/

* PSIMedia

It uses GStreamer. In the future, it will also use Jingle. Good
integration with Qt. No SIP. No commercial support that I know of but
given that its developer (Justin Karneges) works for Barracuda
Networks and develops PsiMedia as part of his job, commercial support
might be available.

http://delta.affinix.com/2008/07/03/introducing-psimedia/
svn co https://delta.affinix.com/svn/trunk/psimedia

* AntiSIP

It's what linphone uses. It's the most advanced of the open source
solutions but it provides no ready-made integration with Qt. SIP.
Commercial support available.

http://antisip.com/as/toolkit.php

* VoiceConference Engine

Closed-source, commercial solution. From the guys who invented the
iLBC voice codec. The most advanced of all. It's used by lots of
products, including Google for Google Talk. No ready-made integration
with Qt. SIP and more. Commercial support available.

http://gipscorp.com/

There are others but those are what I took into consideration after
some research about six months ago.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org