[Qt-interest] 4.5 antialias font disappearing

Richard Baron Penman richardbp+qt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 06:00:24 CET 2009

hello,

this is a bit of an obscure problem. With Qt 4.3 (on Windows XP) I was using
the MS Shell Dlg 2 font anti aliased with no problems.
When I upgraded to 4.5 I found the thin characters such as 'i' are no longer
visible. If I remove anti aliasing then all characters are visible but then
the text doesn't look as good.

So, naturally I can choose a different font that still works, but I was
wondering if anyone can shed light on this problem.

thanks,
Richard