[Qt-interest] C++ + QT vs C#

Martin Schröer gordon at gordonswelt.de
Thu Mar 19 16:35:27 CET 2009

Give him ME as an argument.

I have been programming all the different languages of the world for
over 15 years now,
do have a degree in computer sciences and am currently working on
another degree in
psychology right now.

My eyes have seen and my fingers typed so many computer languages
[ C, C++, C#, Java, Visual Basic, (...) ]
but even if the 'higher' languages are tempting with being 'easier' to use,
it always ended up the same way: when it's about performance and
issues like 'can i do <something more sophisticated> using <programming
language>',
most of the 'higher' languages failed.

That's why i always came back to using C++. [Which is Qt C++ right now.]

And i'm wondering why you didn't tell the most important [imho] argument
for using Qt
to your friend: It is --really-- able to use code that simply can ported
to most of the
most widely used platforms out there [win, lin, mac ... ].

So, is [Qt] C++ the only language to be ?
Certainly ... NO.
It still depends on what someone tries to achieve and how [fast, with
what amount of time and performance].
There are still some development scenarios where some other programming
language or dialect
fits better for the needs of such scenario.

But if you are simply looking for a language, that really 'can do it
all' plus it's highly portable, you'll
always come back to where the Qt flavor is.

[Java also is 'nice' ... somehow. But it's abilities and performance
still is too limited.]

Martin