[Qt-interest] Qt 4.5.0 WebKit not loading resources that were loaded by 4.4.3

Pascal Patry iscy at invalidip.com
Thu Mar 19 21:00:44 CET 2009

On March 19, 2009 02:28:10 pm Rush Manbert wrote:
> [...]
> The biggest difference that I see between Qt 4.4.3 and 4.5.0 is that
> my app built against 4.4.3 loads all of the external resources and
> behaves as I expect. When I build it against 4.5.0 it loads none of
> the external resources. The HTML is being read and interpreted,
> because it contains a <button> element that shows up, but everything
> else is missing.
> [...]

I don't know if you are seeing the same issue as I saw, but if you are loading the page
from the disk, you now need to put the protocol, not only the path.

For instance, this:

    QString path = "<local path to a file>";
    QWebView view;

    view.load(path);              // usage #1
    view.load("file:///" + path); // usage #2

The usage #1 didn't load any external reference. No image.. nothing. By adding the
protocol in front of the url, it then loaded everything.

Like I said, it might not be the same issue as what you are seeing, but it's something you
may want to have a look.