[Qt-interest] why .fromLocal8Bit() is needed

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at trolltech.com
Fri Mar 20 10:17:47 CET 2009

Em Sexta-feira 20 Março 2009, às 09:32:38, chandrasekar wagmare escreveu:
> thanks for reply first ....
> my process will output some text like "joystick failed due to .... problem"
> .. in this case what shall i use :fromAscii.? or any thing else ...?

You have to know what encoding the process you're running uses. We can't tell
you: it's your process.

If it's English only, then fromLatin1 will work. If it may output anything
else that is not US-ASCII, then you have to know the encoding it uses.

--
Thiago Macieira - thiago.macieira (AT) nokia.com
  Senior Product Manager - Nokia, Qt Software