[Qt-interest] managing signals out of QT Designer

Giancarlo Amati ilferraresebono at hotmail.it
Fri Mar 20 13:12:15 CET 2009

Good morning,

my questions is: I have build up my GUI in qtdesinger and what I wish is defining the event handlers. Now, I'm having a look to the signal/slot in qtdesigner but it explains how to connect widgets together while I want to redirect the signal of  a button in the toolbar to my own class MANAGER.
So, once I produce my GUI.h file I want MANAGER to caputure the button pressed in the toolbar of the mainwindow. I derived MANAGER from the QObject and put the Q_OBJECT macro in it. I MOCed the correspondend .h file to produce the .moc file ..and now?
I work under visual studio 2008 and I customized the compilation of Manager.cpp.

Kind Regards.
Giancarlo