[Qt-interest] Qt::escape function

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at trolltech.com
Fri Mar 20 15:54:22 CET 2009

Em Sexta-feira 20 Março 2009, às 13:27:21, Nechypurenko, Andrey (GE
Healthcare) escreveu:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I am wondering what was the motivation to implement QString
> Qt::escape(const QString &plain) function in QtGui module instead of
> QtCore?

Because it was written to go along with the Text classes, which are in QtGui.
Only later did we realise it would be useful to move it upstream to QtCore.

> I can imagine a bunch of situations where UI-less application might need
> to escape html string (I am currently have such a situation). So would
> not it be better to move this function to the QtCore module?

Yes, but we haven't done that yet. We keep on forgetting to do that -- I think
we decided it was a good idea during the Qt 4.4 development, but as it's still
not done in 4.5.0...

--
Thiago Macieira - thiago.macieira (AT) nokia.com
  Senior Product Manager - Nokia, Qt Software