[Qt-interest] Force the emission of a signal

Ian Thomson Ian.Thomson at iongeo.com
Fri Mar 20 17:27:58 CET 2009

If you have just one instance of your class, you can create a signal in
your application and connect that signal to your class's signal. If you
have multiple instances of your classes then this won't work unless you
create a separate signal for each one, which is messy.

The qt docs say that signals can only be emitted by the class that
defines them:

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/signalsandslots.html#signals

so either make a public function or a private friended function like you
  suggested.

Cheers,
Ian.