[Qt-interest] Add Qt-based WebKit window to native apps?

Rush Manbert rush at manbert.com
Fri Mar 20 20:19:20 CET 2009

I have purchased the recommended book and read big chunks of it, and
also read a lot of the online docs. I still can't tell whether I can
do what I want to do.

At a very basic level, I want to write a shared library that opens a
WebKit-based browser window and loads a URL that is specified by the
native GUI application that links against the shared library. I want
to use Qt's WebKit port, so the shared library will be based on Qt.
But the applications that I want to use it with are pre-existing
native applications on Mac and Windows.

 From what I understand, I can achieve this on Windows by using
QAxServer module to export my Qt-based library as a COM object.

But it is less clear how to go about it for the Mac or for Linux
should the day ever arrive.

Are there any examples available, or can anyone provide any guidance?

- Rush