[Qt-interest] OpenSolaris x86 Linker Problems w/ Qt 4.5.0

Paul Floyd paulf at free.fr
Sat Mar 21 23:10:58 CET 2009

Ben wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm attempting to compile QT on the latest OpenSolaris build from genunix.org (build 109).

You mean recent OpenSolaris, 110 now being the latest.

Which version of Qt is this with?

> I'm using gcc version 3.4.3 (csl-sol210-3_4-20050802) and using the gnu binutils
 > linker and assembler as described in the solaris compilation notes.

I wouldn't put much store by qtsoftware's solaris compiler/platform
notes as a serious reference source. And I doubt that your GCC is
entirely using GNU binutils.

On SXCE 106:
$  which gcc
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc
$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.4.3 (csl-sol210-3_4-20050802)
$ gcc -print-prog-name=ld
/usr/ccs/bin/ld
$ gcc -print-prog-name=as
/usr/sfw/bin/gas

I'd say that it's using the GNU assembler and the Sun link editor.

> When linking the libQNetwork related stuff, I'm getting the following link errors:

[snip]

> Any feedback/help would be appreciated.

Does this link help?
http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/tools-linking/2006-November/000674.html