[Qt-interest] lastWindowClosed not emmited in qt4

Bastiaan Naber bastiaannaber at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 18:32:49 CET 2009

Hi,

I've been trying to port my very basic Qt3 app to Qt4. In my app I can't call
the exec() function of QApplication. Instead I have a timer (not a Qt one)
that calls processEvents() every 25ms. This worked fine in Qt3, however in
Qt4 it seems to cause a bit more problems. First I get irregular segfaults, I
will try to look into this a bit more.

Second, is that it seems that the lastWindowClosed signal isn't emmited
anymore. In my Qt3 app I connected this signal to my custom exit routine and
I really need it.

My app has multiple windows so I can't just use the closeEvent of the
individual windows to abort.

Is it correct that the lastWindowClosed signal isn't emmited? or is there a
bug in somewhere?

I'm using the Qt version that came with Centos 5 (Qt 4.2).

Thanks,
Bastiaan