[Qt-interest] QNetworkProxy NTLM authorization

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at trolltech.com
Mon Mar 23 08:35:48 CET 2009

Антон Сердюков wrote:
>So, is there any workaround in case of NTLMv2, or there is no chance
>at all to connect through such proxy?

That depends on what you're using. If you're using QTcpSocket, then you
can't connect to NTLMv2 using Qt's proxy support. However, you can roll
out your own proxy support at that level.

If you're using QNetworkAccessManager, then you should be able to set the
Proxy-Authenticate headers in the request and do NTLMv2 authentication
manually.

>By the way, in what circumstances
>QAbstractSocket::proxyAuthenticationRequired() signal is emitted? I
>mean when to use QNetworkProxy::setUser() and when to catch
>QAbstractSocket::proxyAuthenticationRequired() signal? Documentation
>does not clarify this dilemma.

That signal is emitted whenever you configured for a proxy and the
authentication failed. If you used setUser and the username and password
were not accepted, it would cause the signal to be emitted too (I think).

--
Thiago Macieira - thiago.macieira (AT) nokia.com
  Senior Product Manager - Nokia, Qt Software