[Qt-interest] 4.5 SDK: Qt dlls not found

Thomas Sharpless tksharpless at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 14:52:55 CET 2009

Thanks for the replies.

The problem was that I had put the top level qt bin directory,
C:\Qt\2009.01\bin, on my system search  path instead of the correct
C:\Qt\2009.01\qt\bin.  The first directory has the release dlls but not the
debug ones; consequently Windows could not run my debug build.  Apparently
Qt Creator set the environment right for running with debug.

So I have no complaint with Qt 4.5 SDK, apart from a wish that this pitfall
might be mentioned in the install documentation.

-- Tom