[Qt-interest] build error (involving libQtXml.so)

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Mar 23 16:29:05 CET 2009

On 23.03.09 16:02:10, Oszkar Ambrus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For about two or three few weeks now I've been having this problem:
> whenever I try to build kdesupport or kdelibs, I get a Qt error saying:
>
> /home/kde-devel/qt-copy/lib/libQtXml.so.4: undefined reference to
> `QString::indexOf(QLatin1String const&, int, Qt::CaseSensitivity) const'
> /home/kde-devel/qt-copy/lib/libQtXml.so.4: undefined reference to
> `QByteArray::replace(int, int, char const*)'
> /home/kde-devel/qt-copy/lib/libQtXml.so.4: undefined reference to
> `QString::replace(QLatin1String const&, QLatin1String const&,
> Qt::CaseSensitivity)'
>
> Any suggestions on this? I tried all the possible solutions, created a
> new user, built the official Qt 4.5, built it from svn, and nothing
> seems to help.

Thats not a "Qt error", its a linker error and you're getting it because
your compiling against Qt4.5 headers, but the linker picks up Qt from a
Qt4.4 installation. Or the linker picks up some libraries from Qt4.4 and
some from Qt4.5. So check your system and build env for any remainings of
Qt4.4 (in particular development packages) and remove that.

Andreas

--
Save energy: be apathetic.