[Qt-interest] Default Buttons

Agnostic Pope agnosticpope at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 20:21:07 CET 2009

Hi,

So I've created a dialog using QDesigner in Qt 4.4.3 with a line entry box
and a close button.  The desired behavior is when enter is pressed, we do
something with the input in the line edit, hit enter, but do not hit the
close button.

I can capture the signal for editingFinished() well enough, but hitting
enter also triggers the close button.  Autodefault is off for the button in
designer as is default, but when I hit enter and check the value for
"default" on the close button, it's "true".

Any thoughts on how I can really not make there be a default button in the
dialog?

--James