[Qt-interest] Inputting special characters... help?

Ellen Kestrel dragonflykes at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 22:41:44 CET 2009

I don't really know anything about fonts and displaying special characters,
so I have no idea where to start looking for a solution to this problem.
I've tried changing fonts and keyboard layouts in my OS (Fedora 9) all to no
avail.

I use the US international keyboard, so that typing, say, ALT + ' + a
results in á in most applications.  Until today, that was also the case with
a certain application I wrote using Qt.  Now, for some reason, instead of á,
what shows up is C!.  Firefox, gvim, etc., do not seem to have this problem,
although the terminal does.  Loading files with my Qt program that involve
text with á (and other such characters) in it works just fine, and the
characters show up as normal.  The only problem is with inputting them.  I
tried using an earlier version of my program which I *know* was able to
input á, etc., and it still showed up as C!, which I guess means that the
problem is related to my OS.

Can someone tell me what I messed up and how to fix it?

- EK