[Qt-interest] Rules for QObject extensions

Konrad Rosenbaum konrad at silmor.de
Tue Mar 24 08:17:21 CET 2009

Well, http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qobject.html

> I guess there must be rules for inheriting QObject (and also QWidget,
> I suppose), for example the "can not have copy constructor" rule which
> I indirectly learned a while ago.

It's actually "do not have copy constructor" - you can re-implement it in
your own class, but it is discouraged, since you need to know what you are
doing (copying QObjects has side-effects or rather an unexpected lack of
effects).

	Konrad

--
Note: I'm changing my PGP/GPG key soon! New KeyID: 723A6200
Fingerprint: B37C FA75 8C4C 6537 7954  CBC0 CB15 C991 723A 6200