[Qt-interest] signal / slot problem

miroslav miroslav at keytos.no
Tue Mar 24 11:56:29 CET 2009

Dear friends,
please can you help me with this?

I have one QMainWindow application and one custom plugin widget that I
want to use in my MainWindow application.

The problem is that I need to send signals from MainWindows to my plugin
application. And I am not lucky with the definition of the MainWindow
reference - I'm getting "undefinde symbol" error after adding plugin
library to my QtCreator folder. If I don't define the MainWindow
reference everything works fine - so the library location, plugin
definition should be corect.

Here are the details:

   QMainWindow - constructor defined as VFST(QWidget *parent = 0);

In the cusotm widget plugin:

   VFST *vfst;
   vfst = new VFST(????);   - here I'm not sure that what should I put
there (pointer to the parent?). I'm putting this code in the plugin
constructor.

constructor of the plugin is defined:
   adi::adi(QWidget *parent) : QWidget(parent) { //........ }

thanks,
miro