[Qt-interest] Creating tables with QTextTable or QtWebKit -- not enough

Guido Seifert wargand at gmx.de
Tue Mar 24 18:51:34 CET 2009

Hi,
I have a little (?) Problem with text tables. I want to create an odf
document with a table. Thought I could use QTextTable. However,
QTextTable and its cells are not very flexible with their border styles.
It is not possible to have a cell with only a bottom border.
Alternatively I tried to do the table using HTML, but QTextEdit does
not support the necessaty CSS properties.

So I wrote a suggestion to TT. Response: Rejected. Such a request has
been done before:

There is a feature request for this (task 240652
http://www.qtsoftware.com/developer/task-tracker/index_html?id=240652&method=en
try) but it has been rejected by the developers. The rationale is that advanced
styling can be achieved with then engine of QtWebKit.

I know I can do all the styling using webkit and I can print from it whatever
I want, but it does not create odf documents. Or does it? Do I miss something here?
Any ideas?

Regards,
Guido