[Qt-interest] Slow QTreeWidget

R. Reucher rene.reucher at batcom-it.net
Wed Mar 25 16:07:01 CET 2009

On Wed March 25 2009 14:14:15 Kenneth Beck wrote:
> setUpdatesEnabled(false) did not do much, except to delay the visual
> update until the end. I have a progress bar that steps with each row
> add, and the time between steps gets progressively slower as rows get
> added, again as if it is looping back to somehow update all the previous
> data with each call to setText.
Are you sorting the entries while you insert them?

I have QTreeWidget's with ~8000 entries (6 columns each) and they are filled
within less than a second (using Qt 4.5 that is, with 4.4 this was
perceptibly slower).
--
René Reucher
rene.reucher at batcom-it.net
http://www.batcom-it.net/

"When are you BUTTHEADS gonna learn that you can't oppose Gestapo
tactics *with* Gestapo tactics?"
		-- Reuben Flagg