[Qt-interest] Switching QApplication without GUI to use GUI

Daniel Grubbs dgrubbs at dexrex.com
Wed Mar 25 19:46:18 CET 2009

Hi Folks,

I've got an application which I would like to run as a background daemon if
there is no GUI present, but with a GUI if one is present.  Also, it may
start up before the GUI starts and then add some interface once the GUI
starts.  Could I start the qApp as QApplication( argc, argv, false) and
later change to GUIenabled = true somehow after X window system starts?  Any
suggestions on how to do this?  Do I have to close the QApplication and open
a new one after X windows starts?

Thanks