[Qt-interest] Fwd: Re: Qt and cryptography

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at maps-technology.com
Wed Mar 25 20:51:57 CET 2009

Forwarding to the list...

Subject: Re: [Qt-interest] Qt and cryptography
Date: Wednesday 25 Mar 2009
From: Oliver Demetz <forenbeitraege at oliverdemetz.de>
To: Sean Harmer <sean.harmer at maps-technology.com>

Sean Harmer schrieb:

> BTW you will most likely also need to build the qca-ossl plugin which
> interfaces to the openssl libs as QCA itself doesn't provide a huge amount
of
> crypto support either. It mainly relies upon provider plugins. We have used
> the qca-ossl provider with great success to add crypto support to some of
our
> data serialisation code.

This is the point where I can't get further. I have been trting to
install openssl and qca now. But including <QtCrypto> still fails

: No such file or directory

I'm working on Windows XP with mingw.

Isn't there an easy one-file alternative to this qca-stuff (which seems
not to be the best managed and most up-to-date project on the world) ?
I only need some block cipher to encrypt binary data (eg PKCS7 and CBC,
or something similar).

The compilation of the mentioned qca-ossl provider fails with

...\ld.exe: cannot find -llibeay32

even though the commanline contains the entries

... -Lc:\libraries\lib -llibeay32 -lgdi32 ...

and the directory  c:\libraries\lib definitely contains the
(self-compiled) files

   libcrypt.a
   libeay32.a
   libssl.a