[Qt-interest] phonon on qt LPGL/free downloads

Vincent L. Damewood lists at damewood.us
Thu Mar 26 13:17:30 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 5:08 AM, Stefanos Antaris <santaris at csd.auth.gr> wrote:
> Hello.I have downloaded the Qt SDK: Complete Development Environment
> free download and i tried to stream video for  a usb camera.I tried to
> use the phonon class but it is not compiled.can anyone explaine me what
> is the problem?I want to use the videoplayer class and i can't.

It would help if you specified which platform you're using, but it
sounds like you're using Windows. The Windows SDK doesn't come with a
compiled Phonon because Phonon has build issues with MinGW
(Specifically the DirectX backend). I've heard of people altering a
file or two (I forget which) to build their own, but, for the most
part, people just build the source code with Visual Studio to build
Phonon.