[Qt-interest] QT 4.5 SDK with Visual Studio Beta plugin creates project that won't compile.

Dorosky, Christopher G christopher.g.dorosky at lmco.com
Fri Mar 27 22:41:18 CET 2009

Hi.

I'm new at this, but had a few QT pro's here look and they couldn't
figure it out.

The us ethe QT stand alone, rather than the SDK with VS plugin.

I downloaded the SDK and installed it.

I downloaded the plugin and installed it.

I set environment variables thusly:

set QTDIR=c:\Qt\2009.01\qt

set PATH=c:\Qt\2009.01\qt\bin

set PATH=%PATH%;c:\Qt\2009.01\bin;c:\Qt\2009.01\mingw\bin

set PATH=%PATH%;%SystemRoot%\System32

set QMAKESPEC=win32-g++

(I also fiddled and changed the qmakespec to win32-msvc2005)

I created a new project, QT project, took alltheplain vanilla options,
and it creates a project with solution. Looks nice.

Then, I try to compile.

Can't find file qtmain.lib . There are also two more.

They don't exist anywhere on my machine.

Why did the QT plugin create something it couldn't link?

Thanks,

Chris