[Qt-interest] win32-g++ compiled Qt app much bigger than win32-msvc compiled one?

James Yan jyan972 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 07:36:58 CET 2009

Hey all,

recently, i try to move my IDE from Visual C++ Express( win32-msvc ) to Qt
Creator ( win32-g++ ) for my Qt app building, now everything works ok, i
love the feel to get rid of VC++ and switch to qt creator, but i found a
problem on complied files size, under the same pro file and source files (
both in release mode and using static qt lib 4.4.3 )
Visual C++ Express 2008 (win32-msvc) : 3,976 kb
Qt Creator (win32-g++)                         : 10,305 kb
is there anything i can fix? or it's just normal with mingw complier?
thanks!

regards,
J.Y.