[Qt-interest] UML tool for Qt classes

Francisco Ares frares at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 14:56:41 CET 2009

try BoUML, it's quite configurable, including what it does in terms of
generated code when it finds user defined properties.

http://bouml.free.fr/

Francisco

qt-interest.trolltech.com

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Andrea Franceschini
<therealmorpheu5 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm beginning to have many classes and for some of them I also use the
> facilities like Q_PROPERTY. I'm mainly working with Eclipse, using
> Integration-1.5.0 (just upgraded) and I was wondering if you know of
> any tool to graphically prototype classes like in UML and then have it
> incrementally scaffold them into C++/Qt code -- and by "incrementally"
> I mean that if I want to add a property after the initial generation
> of the code, then the tool should be able to add it to the code
> generating, for example, the variable member and the get/set functions
> and also, if necessary, generating the appropriate Q_PROPERTY line and
> so on and so forth.
>
> I'm not really a big fan of huge and fat UML software -- mainly
> because most of the time these softwares simply misunderstand UML's
> purposes -- but I'm beginning to realize that sometimes it may be nice
> to have a helping hand.
>
> --
> Andrea

"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then
you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and
I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have
two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw