[Qt-interest] QT 4.5 SDK with Visual Studio Beta plugin creates project that won't compile

Dorosky, Christopher G christopher.g.dorosky at lmco.com
Sat Mar 28 21:16:51 CET 2009

Thanks, your blog is great.

I had the commercial version of QT SDK, listed as the VS2005 version.
Curiously enough, it doesn't compile its own empty projects. I kind of
expected better quality for the $xxxx per license.

This came with no source. So I downloaded the LGPL version listed in
your blog to get the source.

The configure works, then nmake dies after awhile with a cryptic
message.

I had originally wanted to try to use QT Creator, but I can't handle the
frequent IDE crashing.

My eventual target platform will be Linux, so I am hoping that QT SDK
quality is higher on there.

Is the final product actually worth it once it's up and running?
I know lots of people seem to like it, but it's given me nothing but
grief.

As a comment to your blog, the commercial version, if you get the SDK,
does not seem to integrate nicely into VS either. It launches Designer
as an external program as well.

I think I am going to give the stand alone VS2005 version a try. Perhaps
that has been through the wringer better already.

Chris