[Qt-interest] Calculation in Thread extremly slow

Matthias Pospiech matthias.pospiech at gmx.de
Mon Mar 30 09:47:57 CEST 2009

I have a time consuming calculation, which is mainly doing FFTs and
memcpy operations.

It was first implementent within the dialog class and thus within the
GUI Thread. In Release mode it could do 500 Calculations in less a second.

Now I have moved it to a separate thread which is included as a pointer
in the dialog class. The result was that it takes almost a minute to do
the same calculation in release mode. So it is 10 to 100 times slower.

Any principle C++ / Threading thing I could have done wrong ?

Matthias