[Qt-interest] a litte mild 'rant'

wim.delvaux at adaptiveplanet.com wim.delvaux at adaptiveplanet.com
Mon Mar 30 18:29:38 CEST 2009

hi all,

just wanted to check what you think of this ..

I was used to 2.x and 3.x Qt development and 'recently' switched to 4.x

I notice that here and there the API is a little less consitant as i had the
impression it was on previuos versions.

E.g

	Why you setCurrentIndex for a QToolBox but setCurrentTab for a QTabWidget ?
	Why sometimes you have a setCurrentItem ?

	Why do you sometimes get a signal when widgets change (e.g setText of a
	QTreeWidgetItem)and sometimes not (e.g. when calling setCurrentItem on the
treeWidget ???)

	I have a few other of these oddities but cannot remember at this time.

	Also the QString().toLatin1().constData() being unusable out of scope is
annoying since you need to 'dup' or 'copy' the data to some buffer all the
time

Does anybody share this feeling ?