[Qt-interest] Qt 4.5.0: MySQL plugin can't connect to DB

Stephen Collyer scollyer at netspinner.co.uk
Mon Mar 30 21:23:35 CEST 2009

I've built Qt 4.5.0 with the MySQL plugin against MySQL 5.1 under Vista with
SP1.

The following code:

int main (int argc, char *argv[])
{
    QCoreApplication qapp(argc, argv);
    qDebug() << QSqlDatabase::drivers();
}

reports:

("QSQLITE", "QMYSQL3", "QMYSQL")

which, I assume, tells me that Qt can find that set of plugins.

If I try to connect to a MySQL DB I get:

Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) QMYSQL: Unable to
connect

I can connect correctly using the mysql command line tool to the DB in
question,
with the appropriate user/password.

Can anyone suggest what may be the problem here ? I can't see anything
related
in task tracker, but I can't see what I can have screwed up myself either.

--

Stephen Collyer