[Qt-interest] Qt4 & touchscreen ?

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Mon Mar 30 22:09:33 CEST 2009

On Monday 30 March 2009 19:47:02 Constantin Makshin wrote:
> I'm pretty sure that touchscreen support is a task of the underlying
> system and not user-space libraries. Times of DOS where each multimedia
> program had to have its own set of drivers are gone.
> So if the system is able to work with the touchscreen, Qt applications
> shouldn't have any problems with it.

Which is true (I was almost about to write the same) for systems like X11. But
for embedded systems where Qt runs directly on the framebuffer, Qt has to deal
with input itself. So there is a valid question about drivers. But I believe
that if the touchscreen is supported as (for example) hid interface in the
kernel, the normal input methods of Qt should work...

Have fun,

Arnold