[Qt-interest] win32-g++ compiled Qt app much bigger than win32-msvc compiled one?

Sven Grunewaldt strayer at olle-orks.org
Tue Mar 31 13:39:53 CEST 2009

You have to remember that UPX will extract the whole thing back into the
system ram, so the compressed exe will use _at least_ 10,305 MB of ram.
I played with this when I programmed with PyQt and concluded that I
don't want to fill the Ram with this stuff in the years of 250GB to
1.5TB HDDs.

Also I still suggest to try "strip *.exe" as this can reduce the file
size a lot.

Regards,
Sven Grunewaldt