[Qt-interest] How to compile on Windows with all the libraries included?

Malyushytsky, Alex alex at wai.com
Tue Mar 31 23:15:59 CEST 2009

As far as I know, at least when you are using Microsoft compilers, this is currently impossible.

What nokia calls "static" is not static at all.
Because linking to static C runtime libraries is not supported by QT4.
That was officiall answer from support.

I was able to build QT 4.4.3 with static CRT libraries by modifying configuration files.
Executables build with such libraries visually run, but in some cases you get heap corruption messages wrom Qt internals.
I might even assume that it is just a wrong diagnostics, and such checks should not be done when you link to static libraries, but you can't get rid of them without QT code modifications.

Alex.