[Qt-interest] When the database connection goes down

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Thu Apr 1 19:29:42 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Thursday 01 April 2010 19:04:18 Gian Marco Gallo wrote:
> Il giorno 01/apr/2010, alle ore 17.59, Arnold Krille <arnold at arnoldarts.de
>  > ha scritto:
> > On Thursday 01 April 2010 14:49:56 Gian Marco Gallo wrote:
> >> I have a question: when I use a database located on a remote
> >> server, how
> >> can I monitor if the db is still online? For example: I try to
> >> disconnect
> >> the lan cable when my software is making a query. How can it notice
> >> that
> >> the db is not more online? Does it create a memory leak?
> > What are the results of your practical tests?
> The result is a leak of memory. I'm trying to walk around this problem

Hey, today is April Fools, not Memory-Leak-Day. :-)

Honestly, if its not throwing an error or simply forgetting your insert or
returning an empty result-set, there is something wrong.
Unless you missed some part of the Qt-docs where it says that the returned
object has to be deleted manually.

Have fun,

Arnold