[Qt-interest] tips for optimising cold-start Qt application startup time on Windows (and OSX)?

Tiago Correia tiago at cnotinfor.pt
Mon Apr 5 13:21:14 CEST 2010

Hi

What about link your program statically? =>

- your program will start up faster and user less memory IF YOUR program is

the ONLY prog using these Qt libs

- the overall amount of code to deploy with your program maybe smaller
> because

the linker can omit unused parts of the libs

- deploying is simpler

In our company we do use static link and some of the applications also have
the same problem starting in Windows. We don't see any difference in loading
from a static or linked version of the same application.

--
Tiago Correia