[Qt-interest] QtWebKit based browser throws SSL errors while opening https sites (windows only / v2010.01 (open source) )

Manish Chakravarty manishchaks at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 14:11:57 CEST 2010

Can someone tell me the steps needed to make Qt WebKit work with SSL on
windows.
Would I have to compile Qt from scratch using MS Visual Studio + include
OpenSSL headers into the build?
A bit confused..

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 4:31 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:

> On 30.03.10 15:45:53, Manish Chakravarty wrote:
> > <digress>
> > I am not a lawyer, but *if* Apple is able to ship OpenSSL to customers
> > worldwide ( I am based out of India using the stock OS X Leopard and the
> > stock Qt SDK ) the  MS should be able to do as well.
> > </digress>
>
> But MS has no need to do that, they have their own SSL-implementation for
> the cases they need it (IE comes to mind). No idea wether that is available
> as public API even.
>
> Andreas
>
> --
> If your life was a horse, you'd have to shoot it.

Manish Chakravarty
Blog: http://manish-chaks.livejournal.com/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/manishchakravarty
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ManishChaks