[Qt-interest] Qt for the iPad?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Apr 5 21:39:52 CEST 2010

Em Segunda-feira 5. Abril 2010, às 18.23.44, John M Coggi escreveu:
> Apple's "authoritarian control" applies only to the developer's app, not
> to the Qt framework.  The burden of producing an "acceptable" app rests
> solely on us as developers.  Port the framework and let us worry about the
> app!
>
> Bottom line - Porting Qt to the iPad/iPhone is a win-win situation for
> developers, end-users, Nokia, and Apple.  Please tell us it's a matter of
> "when", not "if".

You forgot one detail: cost.

To port, one must devote people to the task, which means money. Can you show
me the business case that would explain why any company (not just Nokia)
should invest in porting Qt to that particular platform?

PS: this is not an official position in any way. It's just a reality-check.
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358