[Qt-interest] Qt for the iPad?

David Ching dc at remove-this.dcsoft.com
Mon Apr 5 22:50:27 CEST 2010

"Thiago Macieira" <thiago at kde.org> wrote in message
news:201004052140.10632.thiago at kde.org...
> Can you show
> me the business case that would explain why any company (not just Nokia)
> should invest in porting Qt to that particular platform?

The same reason why you ported Qt from Linux to Windows desktop.  There are
many more programmers and applications on Windows than on Linux.  If these
Windows-targeted apps are written in Qt, it would increase market share of
apps on the platforms that Nokia most cares about (e.g. Linux).

Same is true of iPod.  There are many more programmers and applications on
iPod/iPad than on Mameo.  Wouldn't Nokia love it if all the ones written in
Qt just happened to work on Mameo also?

-- David