[Qt-interest] Qt for the iPad?

Marco Borm qt-lists at retrodesignfan.eu
Mon Apr 5 23:59:37 CEST 2010

The rendering on Android shouldn't a big problem anymore: The NDK
supports OpenGL and Qt can use OpenGL as rendering engine. However I
don't know if this means all Qt apps have to run full screen on Android.
http://gitorious.org/~taipan/qt/android-lighthouse

In either case the port seams much more possible that Qt for Windows
Phone 7.

If you want to use the linked Qt fork in a commercial program you have a
also a problem:

"Will there be a license issue with Apple approval process? [...] From
what I understand with the approval process you must link statically to
the QT library in static mode. There should be no other issues with
Apple beyond that."
I think there is no way to commercial license a private fork, so there
is probably a LGPL "problem".