[Qt-interest] QAccessible

David Ching dc at remove-this.dcsoft.com
Tue Apr 6 17:34:32 CEST 2010

"Kanitz, Annett" <Annett.Kanitz at dzb.de> wrote in message
news:59182F4ACF126B4795BDFE539DA00F8FB401FE at DZBXC02.dzb.de...
> When I start a simple TextEdit JAWS reads the accessibleName of the edit
> field then "Edit field" and then "Enter text". It just doesn't read what
> I wrote. Any ideas?

Hmm, maybe that's just what JAWS does for edit controls.  Can you open a
standard Windows dialog (like File Open) and see what it says for the
filename edit box?  I'm pretty sure it doesn't attempt to read the contents,
since they might not be pronounceable words.

-- David